Friday 26 September 2014

Spring list


At this point in the Southern Hemisphere we are going into (natural) Spring! The weather is warming up, the cherry blossoms are coming out and school finished yesterday so I decided to come up with a list of activities I plan to do in the holidays and Spring more in general.

1. Drawing
I'm terrible at drawing but I am determined to get better and draw anyway. Lately I have found lots of inspiration on Instagram particularly of Disney fanart accounts and I would like to be able to draw ( obviously not to the standard of some of those accounts) but something to an extent which you would be able to make out what it is actually supposed to be. If I am successful I will post pictures.


2. Floriade
Floriade is a flower festival held in Canberra ( which I will be posting more on later in the week) its hard to explain because it is about more than just the flowers, there are shops, roaming entertainment and other activities and best of all its free! I plan to go a couple of times throughout the holidays.


3. Write
As I have said before at some point in the future I would like to have a career that involves writing, so I would like to get some practice not just writing stories but also experimenting with other forms of writing like script writing and song writing. On top of that I will also try to post as often as possible on this blog in the next two weeks. I also have an English creative due the first week of next term so my holidays will definitely be filled with lots of writing!

4.  Craft
I'm not quite sure what type of craft exactly but whatever I can find the resources to do and can figure out how to do. Last holidays I tried making miniature food items with my cousin out of clay and I was ok at that so I would like to try something unique. If you have any suggestions feel free to comment.



5. Cupcake/cake decorating
I have made a few batches of cupcakes recently but haven't had the time and resources to actually decorate them. The last time I decorated cupcakes was for the RSPCA cupcake day last month and the last time I decorated a cake was for a show in February.

6. Photography
By photography I mean taking photos using my iphone not a fancy camera. I have a talent of taking the worst pictures using my phone. I may not have the best camera but I would still like to attempt to take good pictures which hopefully I can incorporate in future posts.


7.  Spend more time with my dog.
 Over the Winter I have neglected spending time playing with my dog and only really spent time with her at night but with the weather warming up I can hopefully spend more time with her outside.
Image taken by Canberra Pet care

8. Bike rides
I haven't ridden my bike sadly for all of this Winter so I hope to ride my bike down to my local lake which is lined with deciduous trees which in Spring are full of peach blossoms which makes the atmosphere very nice.
Picture from clipart

9. Dance
I have learnt so many different dance routines over the last term that I would like to just dance without a purpose without having to do set steps. We also have a task where we have to come up with a dance based on a musical ( my group is doing Matilda) next term so I will try and come up with some ideas for that.

This picture is kind of  misleading because I'm not actually allowed to use my pointe shoes ( its a long story).

10. Juggling
Another one of my hobbies and I got inspired by watching some street jugglers last night to try new tricks and juggling different stuff like clubs. At the moment I can only juggle three balls and two in one hand.  I know that these tricks can take ages to master but when I first learnt how to juggle I was so determined that I spent about three hours straight throwing three balls up and only catching them half of the time. I don't think I have ever been so determined to accomplish something in my life (which is kinda sad). Along with this I would also like to practice some more magic tricks, I have several kits of different stuff (which I haven't touched in years).

What are you planning to do this Spring/ Autumn/ fall?

8 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post!!<3 I'm planning on learning as many pieces on the piano as possible this spring...and of course, sleep as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J! I am looking forward to sleeping alot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice list!!! Yess show me your Disney drawings when you're done. All this stuff sounds like great holiday projects. I only just went to Floriade today. Nice photography and it looks like you're going to be having a productive holidays ;). Cake decorating sounds fun and juggling... always wanted to do that :) Maybe I'll see you bike riding some time at the lake.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M, I am trying to have productive holidays. The basics of juggling aren't that hard it's just perfecting those skills that takes practice and time. I love your recent post!
      Tshi1

      Delete
  4. The cherry blossoms sound beautiful! All the best in the challenges you're looking forward to undertaking!

    Bike rides should be fun. We took 2 rides last week--enjoying beautiful fall weather here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I will try and post pictures of the cherry blossoms if I manage to take any.

      Delete
  5. Floriade sounds like a lot of fun. I was in Canberra on holiday not long ago actually, but we decided to go to museums rather than Floriade. Most of my goals end up being writing related, but I'm starting to think maybe I should make myself a list of general goals like this. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a few of these are similar to mine!
    Love your blog:)
    -Lauren xoxo
    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete